TikTok is addictive indeed. Scrolling below the random videos in your For You page might have turned your day into night without you realizing it. TikTok is really fun. So have you also wished that you yourself could be able to create such addictive content? Actually, I have. And I tried making it too. They turned out nothing like the ones on the FY page. Why? Obviously, I, the one who is an expert in using fingers to scroll, got struck by lightning when I saw those many filters, effects, and features on TikTok. I had tried avoiding them. Thus, I ended up making a video of myself over which I would cringe over my lifetime.
By now, I have realized that TikTok puts all those features over there so you can take full advantage of it in creating your content. They’ll turn out really engaging, attractive, and awesome if you know the right trick to use the features over the app. Thus, here are some creative TikTok tricks and tricks that you can follow to get the best out of what you’re trying to make.
TikTok Tips and Tricks
These TikTok features, hidden tools, and tips can help you stand out on the For You page with unique and engaging content.
Transitions on TikTok
A guy appears in some shabby dress-up. Then comes closer to the camera and covers it. We’re waiting. And then unveils the visual. That same guy is there all dressed up shining and chic making our jaw drop. Creators also use a “snap” or “jump” or “rotate” and so on playing with the transitions.
The simple trick to this is to record clips in parts. A wise choice would be to use the timer and a tripod or ring light, so you can record hands-free.
How to do transition on TikTok?
- Record the beginning part of your video that ends with a transition moment- “snap” or “jump” or “rotate” whatever concept you wish to use.
- Remember what your last action in-video was or where you left it. You’ll need to start the next clip from there.
- Then do the changes. A new outfit for example.
- Then, record another clip, starting from the same position where you left off: positioned in a turn or hands doing a snap, wherever you left it earlier.
- When done, tap the tick mark and go with your edits. Trim or adjust your clips to further line up for the best final result.
Save your favourite TikToks
Some contents are so cool that we really want to watch them every other day. And the best option to rewatch them is either by adding them into our liked videos or saving them on your phone. But then, not every content is available for saving.
How to save TikTok videos?
- While you’re watching a video, you can see various options on your right-hand side. Like button, comment option and share option.
- Click on the share option and there’s the option for saving the video.
But if that sign isn’t available:
- Click on the share option.
- Then, select to share it on other platforms such as Snapchat or Instagram stories.
- The video gets opened on either app you selected.
- Note that choosing to share on Instagram stories will automatically save the video on your camera roll.
- And when opened on Snapchat chat stories you can click the option to download it and save it.
Hide a TikTok Content
TikTok really wishes that you watch the contents of your interest. Sometimes your page if loaded with cringy contents or the same audio, same trend, or same user keeps popping up. That really is stale and bothersome. So you can hide a certain kind of content from your For You page.
How to hide TikTok content?
- Long press at the centre of the video playing, then you’ll discover options to save the video or favourite it or “Not interested”.
- Choose the option for not interested and get rid of any further such content.
iPhone users might also find a more option next to not interested. With it, you can choose to hide a certain user or video or sound. Get all the fresh content on Tiktok with this trick.
Use the green screen effect
The green screen effect lets the users put images or other TikTok videos in the background of their videos. This effect helps you make TikToks that are reactions to other TikToks or Stitches (where a clip of the original video plays for a few seconds before the new one starts).
How to use the green screen effect?
Transform your backdrop instantly with the green screen effect.
- On your home feed, tap the “create icon” to create a video.
- There’s an option for effects. Tap on it and find the green screen effect.
- Two options of the green screen might be found.
– The green icon with a photo and a downward arrow lets you use a photo as your video background.
– The green icon with a video and upward arrow lets you use video as your TikTok background.
- Choose your desired effect and then Choose the image or video you’d like to use, then hit the record button to record yourself overlaid on this background.
- You can also add stitches by applying multiple clips and recording.
Voice effects on TikTok
On your FY page, you might have encountered videos with weird or not natural voice effects. And that trend is really getting popular. It sounds funny and cute at the same time. And audiences like me totally love it. Thus, here’s how you can also try it.
How to add voice effects on TikTok?
- Initially you record a video and move to the editing section.
- There, on your right-hand side, you can discover various options. The Voice effect is on the third.
- Click the option and choose any effects that suit you.
- And there is funny and amazing content.
Captions on your Videos
That’s another creative way of giving clearer content to your audience. And especially you’d be thanked by those with hearing imparities who love watching TikToks. Hence, try this kind of content too. And how do you do that? Here’s it:
How to add captions to your TikTok Videos?
- Have you recorded a video and already in the editing section? That’s where we add the captions.
- At the bottom of your editing screen, the Aa option is for adding text. Tap on it.
- Then add the caption you want to add and also customize it as you wish.
- After setting the font, alignment, colour, and style, drag wherever you’d like it to appear on the screen.
- And you’ve added the caption to your video.
But then, do you also want it to appear in the captions at a certain time of the video?
- After adding the caption and setting it, tap on the text, and the option to edit or set duration shall pop.
- Tap Set duration and then choose when you’d like it to appear, and for how long.
And it is the most popular TikTok trick that many popular content creators use to make an interesting video.
Voiceover on TikTok
Now, on TikTok, you can do voiceovers to record your own voice on top of any video, with or without the original audio. That way, you can explain to your audiences what’s happening in the video, or make it even more fun by adding jokes.
TikTok’s voiceover feature allows you to do just that. And you can try the voiceover feature this way.
How to do a voiceover on TikTok?
- On your TikTok, create or upload an existing video that you want to a voiceover by clicking on the create icon.
- Head to the editing section. There on the right-hand side, choose the option with a mic icon labeled “voice over”.
- Now, record your voiceover.
- When done you can select whether to keep the original video sound or remove it.
- Tap on the play button to check how the video turned out to be. If you are satisfied, then save it and post it.
So, that makes a few of the important and really helpful TikTok tricks and tips for creating interesting content. If you are looking for tricks to get more followers on TikTok these tricks will help you.
So create your own cool TikTok videos and tell us how helpful it was. Also what other helpful tips do you know? Care to share in the comments.