Finally, Officially: Microsoft announced a new Windows 11 on June 24, 2021, Thursday. The new operating system is “the Windows that brings you closer to the things you love” as described by Panos Panay, Microsoft’s chief product officer. Since the first-ever version to the company’s next major version of the operating system, Windows 11 upgrades are dynamic. You still might have memories of the old classic windows running on your School’s Computer Lab’s Computers. And today, Windows 11 becomes a new fresh experience.
Windows 11 Features
The new Microsoft Window 11 is introduced with it several highlighting improvements. It includes a redesigned UI, updated window management features, and even support for Android applications. As per the announcement, here are the new features of Windows 11.
Windows 11 New User Interface
- There’s a new start menu. It appears in the middle of the screen by default unlike to the left of the screen like that of previous versions.
- The live tiles have been replaced with simple and colourful icons.
- A new search experience is served with the search bar. There’s no more text search bar and it now appears in a separate window.
- Microsoft Windows 11 gives a choice for different snap layouts for splitting screen, based on your screen size.
- The weather and news bar in recent versions of Windows 10 has evolved to new Windows 11 too as “windows widgets.”
- The virtual keyboard that shows up onscreen has also been redesigned.
- With Microsoft Windows 11, there are rounded corners and new desktop wallpapers.
- And, the Windows icon has also been groomed up to be a simple square with four equal-sized panes.
The Microsoft Teams App
- Taking the advantage of the event, Microsoft announced that it is also integrating its own Microsoft Teams app directly into the OS.
- You can find teams on the taskbar now.
- Also, the app is getting a big update to make it more like a systemwide messaging app.
- Now, teams can be used to make calls across any device and any OS. You can use teams to call someone who uses teams or even Android or iOS.
Xbox Game Pass Built In
- New Windows 11 is adding Xbox tech for better gaming experiences.
- The Auto HDR and DirectStorage are two new features incorporating in Windows 11.
- Auto HDR helps to adjust the lighting and colour in a game making the output more lifelike.
- And, DirectStorage will speed up the game load time using speedy hard drives.
- Also, Game Pass, a subscription service for games, shall also be integrated into the OS through the new Xbox app.
Android Apps to Windows 11
- Microsoft Windows 11 is expanding its support to Android apps.
- The new OS is making it easy for people to use their android apps on a computer.
- Microsoft through its partnership with Intel and Amazon, the existing android apps are now to be available on the Microsoft app store.
- Microsoft now has revamped app store. Panay has described it as “the safest and most secure way for you to get your apps on Windows.”
Other Microsoft Announcements
- Browsing the internet in Microsoft’s Edge browser, the OS allows better performance and enables longer battery life.
- For Windows 10, there’s going to be lesser updates: one per year, instead of two per year.
- Windows 11 ready PCs will be available later this year.
- Microsoft has not revealed an exact date for the release of Windows 11. It has promised though that it will later this year.
And with all those features Microsoft is leading the new Windows 11 to become an excellent OS. Windows 11 is here to provide its users with a calm and creative space where users can pursue their passions through a fresh experience. What’s your view of Microsoft windows 11? Are you excited about the official release?