While iPhone 12 had just lifecycled, rumours about the next iPhone 13 were already on the surface. How it would be, what would be the surprising features and more ware circulating the internet way before apple officially launched the “iPhone 13” on September 14, 2021. Through the apple event, “California Streaming”, Apple also launched a new iPad and iPad mini and new apple series alongside iPhone 13. The iPhone enthusiasts were expecting some drastic changes to the new iPhone series. Before the official launch, it was expected to likely be launched toward the end of the year 2021 with improved cameras, no ports, and the possible return of Touch ID and here’s what iPhone 13 really has in the store.
iPhone 13 release date
Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo had previously claimed that the iPhone 13 should return to a normal release schedule in September 2021. And as per the announcement made through September 14, 2021 event, all the models of the iPhone 13 series will be released from September 24 onward. Also, the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max have all been made available to pre-order in the U.S. and U.K already.
iPhone 13 price
|Starting Price||iPhone 13 mini||iPhone 13||iPhone 13 Pro||iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|India||Rs. 69,900||Rs. 79,900||Rs. 1,19,900||Rs. 1,29,900|
|Nepal (expected)||Rs.120,000||Rs.130,000||Rs.150,000||NPR 199,990|
Design and Display
- This time, the iPhone 13 has a smaller notch, shrunk by 20%. It’s the first time the notch has changed since it was introduced on the iPhone X in 2017.
- iPhone 13 design is quite similar to last year’s iPhone 12 series. They all possess the same squared-off edges and glossy frames. All four iPhone 13 models are IP68-certified for water resistance.
- Taking an environmentally conscious approach, iPhone 13 has reduced plastic usage in packaging and antennas and now use 100% recycled plastic.
- The iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 have diagonal camera lens layouts.
- About sizes, the iPhone 13 mini has a 5.4-inch display, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro both attain 6.1 inches screen. And, the iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 6.7-inch display.
- All four phones come with Super Retina XDR OLED technology.
iPhone 13 camera
- Apple this time has added major camera upgrades on the iPhone 13 series.
- The non-Pro models come with a 12MP ultrawide sensor that allows in 47% more light. This shall allow iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini to capture beautiful photos in various lighting circumstances.
- The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max have ultrawide auto-focus and a new telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. All of the 3 cameras support Night Mode, too.
- All four iPhone 13 models feature Cinematic Mode.
- iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max can also shoot videos in the ProRes format.
iPhone 13 charging
- This time apple adds larger batteries in all four iPhone 13 models.
- Apple has said that the iPhone 13 mini’s battery shall last one and a half hours longer than the iPhone 12 mini.
- And the iPhone 13 is likely to last two and a half hours longer than the iPhone 12, the iPhone 13 Pro about one and a half hours more runtime than the iPhone 12 Pro, while the iPhone 13 Pro Max could have up to two and a half hours longer than its predecessor.
- Apple has noted that the iPhone 13 Pro Max is the longest-lasting iPhone ever.
- Apple hasn’t mentioned the charging upgrades. So it might be assumed that all four phones still charge at 20W wired and 15W for MagSafe wireless.
5G and other specs
- The iPhone 13 series is 5G-ready compatible with any 5G carrier.
- The iPhone 13 contains the A15 Bionic system-on-chip, Apple’s most advanced chip ever.
- It’s built on a 5nm process with six cores. Two of those are new high-powered cores, while the remaining four are more efficient than before.
- Also with enhancements to the Neural Engine, the iPhone 13 has powerful machine learning applications such as iOS 15’s new Live Text feature and Siri’s on-device speech recognition.
- Apple claims the iPhone 13 series to possess the GPU is 30% faster than the best you can find on an Android phone.