Online streamers are the person who lives streams themselves either playing video games or their real-life hobby or profession. They stand by using snazzy graphics and overlays that add an air of professionalism. An overlay is an application that puts some of its interfaces on top of other applications. But someone who has only recently set foot on the Twitch streaming platform is confused about using overlays and turning it off? So, in this tutorial we will show you how to apply and turn off an overlay for your stream.
How to use overlays?
- Find/make an image that you would like to add your overlay
- Add a new image source to your Broadcaster Scene
- Choose a name for your image
- Keep the image settings as they are and add the path of your overlay file
- Make sure that your camera and game sources are below the overlay image
- And here you have the final result.
How to turn it off?
- Click on the system tray to show hidden icons
- Double-click on the Twitch icon
- Click the drop-down arrow in the top right and select “Settings”
- Select the “In-Game” tab on the left-side menu
- Toggle “In-Game Overlay” off, so the slider is grey
- Close the Twitch App window
These are the easy steps to use overlays in your stream, follow these steps and stream like professional streamers, Have fun!