It has been years since YouTube has launched the PIP feature. And it’s not a note of surprise if we say that many YouTube users have preferred this feature. Absolutely convenient, it’s the best option for multitasking. It allows YouTube to run over other apps. For many smartphone users, YouTube PIP has been a boon. But many Android users are still unknown about how to get this feature on their smartphones. Thus, here is mentioned the best possible way, you can enable the feature and enjoy Youtube non-stop.
Why use YouTube PIP?
Let’s see an instance. You’re watching a really important youtube video and you have to take the notes but have no pen paper around. You have to use the phone notes but it’s really bothersome to back and forth between youtube and the note-taking app. That’s when YouTube PIP can be useful. Or let’s suppose you’re in the middle of your favourite youtube show but you have to send a text to your friend really urgent. You do not want to break the show though. Try the YouTube PIP. You can also use the YouTube PIP feature while checking the news on google and like. So it’s really a convenient feature you can try right now.
How to Enable YouTube PIP Mode on Android?
- Firstly, Go to your Android Settings.
- Then find Apps and Notifications and open it.
- Now select Special Apps Access.
- You are likely to find the Picture-in-picture option here. Open it.
- Turn the toggle on.
- Head to YouTube and play a video. Then directly press your home button.
- Your Youtube video will shrink into a floating window. Enjoy the video while using other apps together.
This method is likely to work with almost all android smartphones.
- Use Chrome and open YouTube via youtube.com on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three dots on your top right and enable the desktop site feature. Your crome will refresh to a desktop interface.
- Now, play a video and turn on the full-screen mode.
- When the video starts playing full screen, press the home button.
- Your YouTube PIP problem is solved and the video will be displayed floating on your screen.
Android users in the United States running Android Oreo or greater can access the feature with ad-supported PiP playback.
- Download a reliable VPN service.
- Then set your location to any state of the US.
- The Picture-in-picture mode should be available to you.
Subscribe to YouTube Premium
The utmost priority is to access the feature without spending any money. But YouTube serves the premium users with this feature without having to rely on other sources such as VPN. Hence, subscribe to YouTube Premium and enjoy the PIP mode.
And those are the few ways android users can enjoy the YouTube PIP feature on their Android smartphones. This feature will work from Android 8.0 Oreo and further.
Are you also interested in: How to enable Picture In Picture mode on Desktop?