Android smartphones and tablets are available with a lot of helpful features including a pre-installed Play Store for users’ convenience. But then sometimes, it may happen that you mistakenly uninstalled your Google Play Store or it’s malfunctioning and you want a fresh install of it. The step is quite easy to manually download and install the app store on any android device that supports google play store.
The method listed below can be used by the users who are willing to have a manual installation of the Google Play Store.
How To Download And Install Google Play Store
Checking of the current version of Play Store
Delaying of updates could be a reason you are willing to get a fresh app store because the prevailing isn’t co-operating. Before downloading the APK for Google Play Store, it’s better to check on your current version of the Play Store if you already have it in your device. The way to check it out is as below:
- Open your Google Play Store app and go to settings.
- At the bottom of the settings section, the “Play Store version” can be found.
This is referred to as important as to make sure that you download a version that’s compatible with your android version. Also, you probably don’t want to install an older version of Google Play by accident.
Downloading the Google Play Store APK
Google Play Store like all the other android apps comes in the format of APK. The APK is available in many resources but as a reliable and easier source, APKMirror is suggested. You could easily receive Google Play Store from APKMirror by the prescribed ways:
- APKMirror should be browsed at the beginning.
- There you can search for Google Play Store in the search box.
- Numerous older and newer versions are available there.
- After finding your required version, you can download it by following the instructions instructed by the website.
When the download is completed, next moves to the installation of Google Play Store.
Permission for installation
The approach you make while trying to install the Google Play Store from APK might make you realize that you’re not allowed to download files from unknown sources which has been a part of android for a long time. It prevents users (and other apps) from installing applications from anywhere aside from the Google Play Store. Thus you’ll need to go to your settings menu and enable installing from unknown sources for the (before Oreo) Androids.
As for the (after oreo) Androids:
- Head to Settings and find Apps & notifications.
- Once in the apps menu, scroll down until you find your mobile browser and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section and there you shall find Install unknown apps. Opening and selecting Allow from this source can enable you for installing the app.
After acquiring permission for allowing the installation you’re ready to have a fresh Google Play Store on your device.
Install the Google Play Store
Now, all you’re left to do is open the to open the APK file for Google Play Store from your file explorer. It can be found in your download folder.
After finding your APK file open it and click the install option. Then you’re all set!!
After the installation, do not forget to disable the option to allow installation from any source. The procedure to do it is as the procedure you did earlier by going to your settings for enabling the permission. All you require to do this time is click on the disable option for installation from an unknown source. This will prevent everything (except the Play Store) from installing apps.
Installing the Google Play Store using a computer
If you don’t have mobile data or a Wi-Fi connection on your device, you can download the Play Store app APK to your computer instead. The same process applies, but you will need a file manager app installed on your smartphone if your device doesn’t come with a preinstalled one.
- Download a third-party file manager app, if you don’t have one – FX File Explorer, for example. Allow it to install apps from unknown sources, following the same steps as described for your mobile browser.
- Using the browser on your computer, go to the XDA Developers forum or APK Mirror to download the APK for the latest version of the Play Store.
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and copy the APK over to your Android device.
- Find the APK using your file manager app.
- Launch the APK, accept the permissions, and tap Install.
- Don’t forget to remove the permission to install from unknown sources from your file management app if you don’t intend to sideload more APKs.
Once you’ve reinstalled the Google Play Store app, you shouldn’t worry about having to download every following version manually again. As soon as there’s a newer version than the one you sideloaded, the Google Play app will automatically update. If you are still experiencing problems, however, it’s time to do some troubleshooting.
On an Amazon Fire tablet
Amazon’s Fire OS devices are designed specifically for Amazon’s content and apps – they don’t have the Google Play Store or any other Google apps like Google Maps. But they are based on a forked version of Android so they can also have the Play Store installed.
1. Go into Settings > Security and enable Apps from Unknown Sources. This is the equivalent of step 1 above.
2. Next, you need to download these files. They’ll go into the Docs > LocalStorage tab > Download folder.
- Google Account Manager APK
- Google Services Framework APK
- Google Play Services APK
- Google Play Store APK
3. Now tap to install each one in order. You’ll now have the Play Store on your device so you can sign in using your Google account and install apps.
Hence, these are the steps to guide you for downloading and installing the Google Play Store on your android device. As by the android version or OEM, the procedure may vary, and also Amazon Kindle Fire devices do not support this procedure. Other than that, this process is a get-set-go for any android devices.
Hoping this post on How To Download And Install Google Play Store was helpful for those trying to figure out the way to download and installation of Google Play Store, please feel free to write your reviews in the comment section down there.