Facebook is one of the most popular app in the world right now. It is a feature-heavy app. If you aren’t customizing your experience on the social network even a little bit, you’re definitely missing out. If you’re looking for more privacy or you just want your Facebook interface to switch to superhero mode, there are tricks for it all. Here are a few Facebook tips and tricks that you can use right now to upgrade your Facebook experience.
How to hide your friends on Facebook
When your Friends list is visible, it’s shown as a section on the left of your profile on Facebook. You can configure who can see your friends list on Facebook. These sections disappear when you hide it. If you want to keep privacy your friends list from strangers (or even friends), Here’s how you can hide your Friends list on Facebook.
How to hide your friends on Facebook through Desktop Computer:
- First of all, you have to open Facebook in a web browser, click the downward-pointing arrow at the top right of the web page
- In the menu click “Settings.” then click “Privacy.”
- In “How People Find and Contact You,” find “Who can see your friends list” and click “Edit.”
- Choose who you want to be able to see your friends list – you can choose from options including Public, Friends, Specific friends, Only me (which hides it from everyone) and Custom. If you click “Custom,” you can choose to enter specific names.
How to hide your friends on Facebook through a mobile device:
- First of all, you will have to go to your Facebook application
- There you can see three horizontal lines click on it
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy option click on it
- And then click on the Settings option
- Click on the Privacy settings
- Scroll down and you can see ‘who can see your Friends list’ option
- Choose who you want to be able to see your friends list – you can choose from options including Public, Friends, Specific friends and Only me (which hides it from everyone).
How to hide profile picture on Facebook
A Facebook profile picture is the first image that greets visitors to your profile on the site. You can hide your Facebook profile picture to secure your photo from being downloaded and being unnecessary used. It’s easy to hide your Facebook profile picture from everyone.
- Click on the profile menu
- Click on the profile picture
- Click on the public icon and choose only me
See all photos liked by someone
Do you know you can find out all the photos liked by anyone with just one search? Just go to the Facebook search bar and type “Photos liked by” followed by the name of your friend. The result will show all the photos that your friend liked. You can also filter the result by adding things like “Photos liked by XXXXX this month” or “last week” or “in 2020”
In fact, This works with anyone when you start typing it itself shows suggestion like “my girlfriend”, “my boyfriend” based on your relationship status.
Turn off autoplay video or their sound
Autoplay video is a great feature but for many people, it’s annoying especially when you want to save your data pack. Suppose you are in public and a video starts auto-playing with an awkward sound. In this case, you can turn off sound for the autoplay or completely disable the autoplay feature.
Go to Settings > Media and Contact > Turn off “Video in news feed starts with sound” and for autoplay click on AutoPlay settings and turn it off.
Who is Snooping in Your Account
This is the perfect feature provided by Facebook if you want to know who is logged into your Facebook account without your permission. For this, you just need to head over your “Settings” page and browse the “Security folder” and click on “Where You’re Logged in”. If you find any suspicious activity, then you can click on “End all activity”.
How to delete photos from Facebook
You cannot delete photos that you did not upload to Facebook yourself. You can remove the tag and that removes the photo from your profile.
- Hover over the image that you want; A pencil icon will appear in the top right corner of the thumbnail image
- Click on the pencil icon, which will display a popup message ‘Edit or Remove’
- At the bottom of the menu that appears, ‘Delete this photo’
- Click ‘Delete’ to finish the process
How to deactivate your Facebook account, and reactivate it later
If you decide that you no longer want to use Facebook, it’s easy to deactivate your account. When you deactivate your account, you’re hiding all of your information on Facebook. No one will be able to contact you on Facebook or view the things you’ve shared, including your Timeline, status updates, and photos.
How to deactivate your Facebook account from Desktop:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click down arrow located in the upper right-hand corner of your Facebook homepage
- Click on settings then click on manage account
- Click on edit, there you will see deactivate your account
- Click on deactivate your account and click on continue
- Complete the form and click ‘Deactivate’ at the bottom of the page
How to deactivate your Facebook account from mobile:
- Open the Facebook app
- Tap the three lines towards the right of the top navigation bar
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy and tap Settings
- Tap Account Ownership and Control
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion
- Select Deactivation and tap Continue to Account Deactivation
To reactivate your account, log in using your old login email address and password. You will then be able to use the site as before.
Your profile and account will be restored and you will not have lost anything.
Those were few of the tips and tricks for Facebook in 2020. What more Facebook tricks or tips do you know? Share in the comments!!
Also View: How to Delete Facebook Search History